Kiahuna Fairways LLC is the developer of the PiliMai at Po‘ipu Community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the developer?
Who is the contractor?
Brookfield Residential Hawai‘i Inc. Award-winning Brookfield Residential Hawai‘i is a venture between local ownership in Hawai‘i and one of North America’s larger home building companies, Brookfield Residential , Inc. Based on O‘ahu, Brookfield Residential Hawai‘i is managed by an experience team that has a deep passion for the islands and for the business, homes, and neighborhoods it builds. Living and working in Hawai‘i provides understanding of the beauty and spirit of each island, which is reflected in what they build and in an improved quality of life. They create diverse neighborhoods across the islands that evoke a unique sense of place and reflect the harmony of the land. Their designs honors and incorporate Hawai‘i’s cultural heritage and island lifestyle.
When will construction commence?
Is this fee simple ownership?
This is a fee-simple ownership with no use restrictions. The residential units in the project may be used for long-term residential use, a second home and rental purposes.
May I rent my condominium? Are there any restrictions?
Owners may rent or lease their residential unit on their own or through an authorized rental agent of their choice.
- Upon request Brookfield Residential Hawai‘i can provide you with a list of Rental Management Companies.
- Since the project is located in Kaua‘i’s Visitor Destination Area (VDC), it is subject to the rules and regulations within this designation.
What are the fees associated with owning at PiliMai?
Owners will be responsible for monthly maintenance fees (association dues), annual property taxes, cable and electricity for their condominium unit. Additional insurance will be required for Interior Contents & Liability coverage.
What does my monthly maintenance (association/HOA dues) cover?
It pays for costs associated with the management, maintenance, and operations of the common areas, and for long-term reserves of the Association. Including, but not limited to:
- Common area electricity, water, gas (BBQ Tank Replacement) refuse removal sewer and individual condominium unit water
- Common Area Insurance: (Note: Owners are individually responsible for personal content insurance)
- Pest control
- Pool and Recreation Center maintenance
- Budget and owner management and administrative services
- Building Reserves to include major repairs and replacement
What utilities does the condominium owner pay?
Homeowner pays electricity for their home, cable and phone.
How are my property taxes calculated?
As of January 24, 2014, property taxes for $9.00 per $1,000 of the current assessed value of your home as determined by the County of Kauai Property Tax assessor’s office. Property tax rates are subject to change annually.
For more information visit: www.kauai.gov/realproperty
How is the owner parking assigned?
Each home will own (1) covered garage stall. Every home, with the exception of certain Plan 7s, will be assigned an open stall that will be considered as part of the community common elements. There are (20) additional unassigned guest stalls throughout the community.
What documentation is required to satisfy a purchase?
- Receipt for the Developer’s Public Report
- Reservation and Sales contract
What is the earnest money deposit to purchase?
- $5000 at Reservation
- 10% (LESS $5,000) At Execution of Sales Contract
- Additional 5% at 30 days prior to building construction commencing.
- Balance of purchase price due to close of escrow.
How do I take title/vesting?
You may select a vesting at signing of the sales contract or it can be determined at a later time in Escrow. Vesting options: Severalty, Joint Tenants, Tenants in Common or Tenants by the Entirety. The manner of vesting is at the discretion of the purchaser.
When will I take possession of my home - close escrow?
Once your building is complete and developer receives a certificate of occupancy from the County of Kauai and your home has recorded at the Bureau of Conveyance – State of Hawai’i
Is there a warranty with the condominium?
There is a 1 Year Builder’s Limited Warranty that comes with the home from the date of Closing.